Bougainville Copper Can Help Bougainville, says Chairman

 The Chairman of the Bougainville Copper Limited Board of Directors, SIR MEL TOGOLO says BCL is ready to help the Bougainville Government and its people create the kind of monies needed for the new nation to be.

In an exclusive interview with NEW DAWN FM today, SIR MEL TOGOLO said that 36 percent of BCL is now owned by the ABG Government and people of Bougainville and needs to assist the economic recovery of Bougainville.

He said that once the other 36 percent shares from the National Government is released to Bougainville as promised by Prime Minister, JAMES MARAPE Bougainville will own 72 percent whilst the remaining 28 percent is owned by individual shareholders.

The Chairman said this is real independence for Bougainville and will trigger other economic activities for Bougainvilleans who will operate private service contracts that will further trigger other economic activities in our communities.

SIR MEL TOGOLO said Bougainvilleans need to make up their mind to start exploration operations before 2025.

He said the quicker we start something the better for Bougainville.

SIR MEL TOGOLO said BCL as a local company continues to support requests from groups in Bougainville for financial assistance as its community obligations. It has assisted with School fees support, other Education support, Health support, Sports, Religious groups, Youth and women’s groups and support Communication and Tourism programs on Bougainville.

The Chairman said that with the latest technology the Company can still manage to raise enough funds for Bougainville for its economic recovery program, when workers, contractors and also the company itself pay taxes to the Bougainville Government.

He said BCL is ready to start work if it is given the greenlight by the Government of Bougainville and its people especially the Panguna Landowners.


New Dawn FM / Pacific Mining Watch

Next : OK Tedi Mine Graduate Development Scheme 2022

Previous Post Next Post